Gauteng News

Learners admitted in hospital after eating sweets

Yesterday the Gauteng Department of Health released a media statement that described an alarming reality that schoolchildren are exposed to. 

300 pupils from Nomini Primary School were attended to at Stretford Community Healthcare Centre after vomiting and showing symptoms of stomach cramps.

A local hawker is suspected of selling the same type of sweets to the said learners who fell sick after eating them. “Five learners have been transferred to Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital for further treatment. A school health team was sent to the school to conduct an investigation”, said the Gauteng Department of Health.

Gauteng News will keep you updated as more details emerge.

Related posts

Education MEC calls for urgent disciplinary hearing at Monument high

Ntsoaki Toloane

Gauteng Matric exams proceed amidst load-shedding glitches

Sne Mthabela

SAA Pilot visits Riverlea Primary School

Palesa Mohlamme